Pilgrimage church "Maria Bründl"
The Bründl church is a very old church - but the exact origin is still in the dark. It has been proven by many authors that many faithful pilgrims have been piloting here for many centuries to cure their ailments with the healing source.
The chapel itself was already consecrated in 1482. This date is taken from the parchment seal on the reliquary stone of the main altar. At that time, according to the inscription, a bishop Georgius von Chiemsee consecrated this altar (stone). Here, however, it should only be a "portatile", a relic stone, as it used to be used to read a Holy Mass on a non-consecrated altar (or a field fair). This stone has probably not been consecrated for our special altar. In the official consecration of an altar, the prescribed relics were formerly walled into a small opening behind the "antependium" (front decorative panel of the brickwork). But our Bründl altar has no antependium; This fact alone speaks for the assumption that this reliquary is only a portatile. A portatile is dedicated to itself and can be used in various places.
Since our existence, our Bründl church has always been renovated. A few, among others. Found in the archives archives of Passau, which have not yet been published so far, are briefly mentioned here. It should be mentioned before that the Bründl chapel, although it is in the district of Saldenburg, formerly belonged to the rule of Fürstenstein and not to Saldenburg.
1675 Here we read: There is no land to the chapel. Various farmers from the surrounding area make natural and money donations. An external door lock with key is made.
1676 The input and expenditure of the "worthy Our dear women Capellen at the heylsamben Prunnen negst Goben" administer as Sigmund to the Egnreith (Eggenreuth) and Bartolomo Holzpaur to Thurmanspang, "beed Fürstenstainsche Untertan". "This year no worship - so no expenses for it". Roof repair and installation of shingles.
1679 The chapel is very dilapidated and threatens to collapse. Suggestion: "Complete management and new construction" However, it was repaired and purchased 300 wall bricks, 6000 shingles and 5000 nails; z.T. From the Oischinger peasant. The "walls and vaults, which were crumbling and scattered from each other," were secured with slings.
1684 The taxpayers' tax (the means of combating the Turks invading Vienna and Passau, and thus Islam)
The fact that the altar in the Bründl chapel was said to have stood before in the Burgkapelle in Saldenburg is not proven. Interestingly, however, we read about the same time, when a new altar came to Saldenburg, also a lot about today's Bründl altar!
1683 The carpenter of Tittling has the altar, which has been "reworked from the wall" with all the not of tilling.
1691 "Thus, the Notturft was required, so that the altar would surely be kept clean, on the altar to make a new priest (altar)" from the carpenter to Perlesreuth. The "Maller (painter) at Säldenburg has struck such (altar) praun".
1692 "Nitur is Johann Surspaur, Maller of Säl- burg, from the mementation of Christ's leave (depicting the group of figures of the main altar = Christ takes farewell to his mother) so in between the .... Saulln (Pillars)" with 1 Gulden and 30 cruisers "evicirdt" (paid). (The town of Saldenburg at that time was certainly not a specialist for church painting, which was certainly brought here by Count v. Preysing in the course of the simultaneous altar erection in Saldenburg and then also used in the Bründl? Of the Bründl altar in Saldenburg?) 1692 Also this year the farrier blacksmith Hieronimus Gultman (Goldmann) is rewarded for the deportation of a new Gotsbeet Stave (prayer chair) with 1 florin and 30 cruisers.
1819 The chapel is renovated again.
1934 On the occasion of the chapel reconstruction in Saldenburg the altars are also painted in Bründl. The priest of Thurmansbang lives with the restorer, the art painter Marchand from Munich, because of his immoral life-changing on war; He calls Marchand a "better painter" !!
Modern renovations are not to be dealt with here. But now back to the actual cause of these remarks, the "Bründl-Kirta." This church day was and is an old basic custom and was annually at the feast "Maria-Name" on 12.09. celebrated. On the occasion of the renovation of 1934 the priest writes: "The Bründl-Kirchweih has fallen asleep. The renovation is the occasion to revive it. Passau's youth has come to play with singing and instruments. The Agnes (cook?) Will sell gums."
The homeland researcher Max Peinkofer wrote in 1954 about this festive day: "On this festival many people streamed together and it went quite festively. The church celebration was associated with all sorts of secular merriment. That was the case, for example, with regard to shopkeepers, beer-makers, and brass bands."
The fact that the hustle and bustle of the Bründl - even outside the official "Kirta" could also degenerate, found Mr. Schrüfer purely accidentally in hitherto unknown documents in the state archive to Landshut. In the overview of the files available on the occasion of an extradition of the patrimonial court Saldenburg from 29.11.1825 (unfortunately all burned in the state archive, unfortunately only this compilation is still available), we read under "Criminalia":
1820 "The dead found between Lanzenreuth and Saldenburg Georg Kirschner". Since the accompanying act was burned in Landshut, it was only with luck that only old death registers could help. In the municipality of Saldenburg, however, these began only in 1876. Here Herr Schrefer Andreas Lechl could help. Mr. Lechl has saved the old death registers of the parish of Thurmansbang (today in the diocese archives of Passau) in his PC.
And lo and behold, on 10 February 1820 the married shoemaker, kath., Resided in Hundsruck, no. 16, Landgericht Passau. Disease: "Stifled in Water and Koth," age 74 years. Remark: "Ging from the branch church Bründl intoxicated to Lanzerreith, where he probably fell in the water".
1786 As early as 1786, ie 34 years earlier, our Georg Kirschner was in the above mentioned position. A briefing of the files under "Civil = Proceß = Acten" is called as indebted shoemaker. Kirschner apparently liked to pray as well as drink! In 1817 a shoemaker, Philipp Kirschner (a son of our Georg Kirschner), appeared in the same line in Hundsruck.
This impressive chapel can be visited during a hike on the "Bründl-Kapellen-trip-Nr.81".
The “Free State of Bavaria” is renowned for being culturally unique and for the emphasis which it places on preserving its heritage and traditions. It is also extraordinarily beautiful, boasting a plethora of castles, palaces, cathedrals, abbeys and monasteries not to mention spectacular scenery. Bavaria is more than Alps, men in “lederhosen” (leather pants), women in “dirndl” (traditional dresses) and frothy glasses of beer by the “maβ” (liter).