Nevytsky Castle (Ukrainian: Невицкий замок; Hungarian : Nevickei var) is a semi-ruined castle in Zakarpattia Oblast. Ukraine 12 km north of Uzhhorod . It was founded in the early 15th century.
The castle, towering over the Uzh River , was the mighty citadel of the Drugeth family which supervised its continuous modernisation over the centuries. The keep, rebuilt in its present form in the early 16th century, passed from hand to hand during the internecine strife that convulsed Hungary in the early 17th century.
In 1644, Prince George II Rakoczi ruined the castle, leaving it much as it stands today. A decline in defensive importance of the site as well as the remote and inaccessible situation of the castle have preserved it from complete demolition.