Monastery of Vilar de Frades - Monastery founded in 566 by S.Martinho de Dume. Only a few elements of his Romanesque portal remain from this Benedictine monastery. In 1461 the religious order changed its name to the Congregation of Secular Canons of St. John Evangelist, known as the Order of the Loios, through Queen D.Isabel, wife of D.Afonso V. Then came the transformation of the building, with the construction of A Manueline style church. What we see today in the body of the church is a work of reconstruction of the century. XVI and XVII.