This building was built as the city hall in 1927-1929, according to a design of the city building councilor Moritz Wolf. It is located in Powstańców Śląskich (Silesian Insurgents) Street (at that time Peter-Paul Strasse) and before WW II was called "Stadthaus" ("the city home").
The building didn't change its function after WW II and incorporation the Upper Silesia to Poland. Nowadays there is also one of the buildings of the municipality of Zabrze and one of the most famous local monument of the modernistic arcitecture. It belongs to the modernistic architecture route of Zabrze, created in 2014.
View More »