This text is cited directly from the Wikipedia entry.
Designed by Bishop and Miller architects using Art Deco decoration, the building was completed in 1929 and housed the manufacturing, warehousing, retail and office operations of Tip Top Tailors Ltd., a mens-wear clothing retailer founded in 1909 by Polish immigrant David Dunkelman. Tip Top Tailors eventually became a part of clothing conglomerate Dylex Limited.
In 1972, the building was designated as a heritage structure by the City of Toronto. In spring 2002, Dylex sold the property to Context Development, which converted it into condominium lofts. The conversion was designed by Architects Alliance of Toronto. The conversion added as six storey addition on the roof. The neon 'Tip Top Tailors' rooftop sign was retained and given a slant.