This lighthouse began to work on the 31th of august in 1863. It was electrified in 1960, from then it uses a 2+1 one second sparkles made in a twenty seconds sequence. Its range is thirteen nautical miles, covering from 265º to 116º degrees. The main building is seventeen meters high. It's placed in the south of mallorca next to Ses Salines and Santanyí villages, just in front of Cabrera island that is visible on the image. Next to the lighthouse there are some of the best kept and hidden beaches in Mallorca, a real paradise that gives us an idea about the island that disappeared with the massive touristic buildings.