Built by a single man, fisherman Harald Hansen, who begun the work in 1922. After 34 years of hard work this hidden and isolated harbour was completed. Nicknamed Snug-Harbour (snug = hidden) because of its remote and hidden location. During the Second World War where Nazi Germany took control of all infrastructure this little harbour remained undiscovered by the Nazis and served an important role in helping Jews escape to neutral Sweden and for providing weapons to the Danish resistance movement to fight the German occupation of Denmark. Today the wooden shed and the small crane for lifting his fishing boat still remains.