Interior of the Visby Cathedral (St. Mary’s Church). It's the only survived medieval church in Visby. Construction of the church began in the late 12th century and was consecrated in 1225. The Cathedral was built as a church for German traders in Visby. In the middle of 14th century the church was enlarged and converted into a basilica. The pulpit was made in 1684 in Lübeck. The main organ of the cathedral was made by the Swedish organ workshop Åckerman & Lund and installed in the cathedral in 1892.
Copyright: Pentti Sairanen Type: Spherical Resolution: 21700x10850 Taken: 23/06/2018 Geüpload: 19/08/2020 Keer bekeken: