The Clock Tower of Rome, Georgia was built in 1871 to hold 250,000 gallons of water for the city. Sheets of iron were used for the frame of the tank, with red bricks on the exterior. On top of the water tank is a bell and four clock faces. Both the clock and bell were added in 1872, one year after the original tower was built. With this addition the clock tower now stands 104 feet tall and can be seen from any part of downtown Rome.