Benedictine monastery. The first Romanesque monastery Date of the 6th century of the Swevo monarch Teodomiro. The first reconstruction occurred in 1060, with real support becomes one of the richest and most powerful northern monasteries. With the advent of the counter-reform movement of the century. XVI, this monastery becomes headquarters from the congregation of S. Bento de Portugal and Brazil. Several reconstruction and expansion campaigns within the line of new liturgical space rules are implemented between the century. XVII and XVIII. The original Romanesque monastery disappears and gives way to an authentic "shipyard-school" of architects, masters masons, sculptors, carvers, gadgets and songwatchers, who will leave stylistic marks that will influence other works to be developed in northern Portugal and even In Galicia during the Baroque and Rococo phase.