Guangji Bridge spans the Hanjiang River and connects the east and west banks. It was an important transportation link between Guangdong and Fujian and Zhejiang in ancient times. It was first built in the seventh year of Qiandao in the Southern Song Dynasty (1171); in the ninth year of Jiajing in the Ming Dynasty (1530 AD), it formed the pattern of "Eighteen Shuttle Ships and Twenty-four Continents".
Guangji Bridge is a combination of beam bridge and pontoon bridge. It is composed of two sections of stone beam bridge in the east and west and a section of pontoon bridge in the middle. The beam bridge is composed of three parts: piers, stone beams and bridge pavilions. The total length of Guangji Bridge is 518 meters. The east beam bridge is 283.35 meters long, with 12 piers, an abutment, and 12 bridge holes. The west beam bridge is 137.3 meters long, with 8 piers, 7 bridge holes, and the stone beam is 5 meters wide. The middle pontoon is 97.3 meters long and consists of eighteen wooden boats connected. It was hailed as "the world's earliest opening and closing bridge" by bridge expert Mao Yisheng.