Contributor Sets Gallery

The castle Steyregg is a private castle complex in Upper Austria and is located above the town center of Steyregg in the Mühlviertel. The castle was built under the Ottokaren in the 11th or 12th century. The expansion to the castle took place under the Jörgern at the end of the 16th century. Today, the castle is privately owned and can be rented for events.
Created 19/05/2018 by H.J.Weber
Prague, capitale de la République tchèque, est traversée par la Vltava. Surnommée "la ville aux mille tours et mille clochers", elle est réputée pour sa place de la Vieille-Ville, cœur de son centre historique, où se dressent des bâtiments baroques colorés, des églises gothiques et une horloge astronomique médiévale qui s'anime toutes les heures. Achevé en 1402, le pont Charles, piéton, est bordé de statues de saints catholiques.
Created 14/05/2018 by Romain Calvetti
The forest of Fontainebleau, formerly called forest of Beer (derived from heather), is an important wooded massif of 25 000 ha, of which 21 600 ha are today administered in state forest. This massif, in the center of which is the city of Fontainebleau, is located in Seine-et-Marne. The national forest proper covers 17 072 ha; It has an altitude varying from 42 m (Seine to Bois-le-Roi) to 144 m (Carrefour du Banc du Roi, 2 km north of Fontainebleau). It is fragmented and crossed by the A6 motorway (1964), the national 6 and 7, and the line from Paris-Lyon to Marseille-Saint-Charles. Every year, millions of visitors come for a walk (13 million in 20063). The Fontainebleau forest is famous around the world for having inspired nineteenth-century artists: Impressionist painters and Barbizon school, as well as photographers, writers and poets. It comprises 2,350 ha of biological reserves4, the origin of protection in the form of "artistic reserves" dating back to 1853, some of whose parts have not been cut since 1372.
Created 11/05/2018 by Romain Calvetti
The first building was constructed by Jakob Friedrich von Batzendorf. The city was planned with the tower of the palace (Schloss) at the centre and 32 streets radiating out from it like spokes on a wheel, or ribs on a folding fan, so that a nickname for Karlsruhe in German is the "fan city" (Fächerstadt). Originally partially made of wood, the palace had to be rebuilt in 1746, using stone. Charles Frederick, Margrave of Baden-Durlach at the time, and who eventually became Charles Frederick, Grand Duke of Baden then had the palace altered by Balthasar Neumann and Friedrich von Kesslau until 1770, adding larger windows and doors, pavilions and wings. In 1785, Wilhelm Jeremias Müller shortened the tower, adding a cupola. During the Revolutions of 1848, Leopold, Grand Duke of Baden was expelled in 1849 for some time. In 1918, the last monarch Frederick II, Grand Duke of Baden had to move out. The former residence of the Rulers of Baden is since used as Badisches Landesmuseum Karlsruhe. Much of the city centre, including the palace, was reduced to rubble by Allied bombing during World War II but was quickly rebuilt after the war. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlsruhe_Palace
Created 10/05/2018 by Klaus R. Baerwald
The garden was established by Charles III William, Margrave of Baden-Durlach and designed by Karl Christian Gmelin. Between 1853 and 1857, three plant houses were created by architect Heinrich Hübsch. The buildings were severely damaged or destroyed in World War II, but reconstructed as follows: camellia and flower house, rebuilt 1952 for cactus and succulent exhibition; palm house, rebuilt 1955 to 1956; tropical house, restored in the 1950s. The plant houses are open daily except Monday; an admission fee is charged. The grounds contain several rare trees from the 19th century amid newer plantings. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botanischer_Garten_Karlsruhe
Created 10/05/2018 by Klaus R. Baerwald